1750 Isle of Wight Courthouse
he old courthouse, located at 130 Main Street in Smithfield, Virginia, was built between 1750-1751. The construction of the courthouse was believed to be modeled after the Capitol Building in Williamsburg, Virginia, and was used as the main courthouse for Isle of Wight for about 50 years. Around 1800 the court system was moved to a more central location, Isle of Wight, Virginia, its present location. Today, the 1750 Isle of Wight County Courthouse has been beautifully restored and is available for free tours and as a rental space.