VA250 Logo Usage & Assignment Policy
The Virginia American Revolution 250 Commission created a logo for its use in promoting the American Revolution Semiquincentennial. All rights of logo usage are reserved for the Commission unless expressly granted otherwise. Any local VA250 committee, museum, historical site, or educational institution wishing to be identified with the Commission may apply for specific uses of the logo.
- Certain events or activities shall not receive the endorsement, explicit or implicit, of the Commission, and the logo shall not be affiliated with such events or activities, which include but shall not be limited to the following:
- Any event or activity sponsored by a fraternal, political, advocacy, or heritage group; any battle reenactment; any commercial product, publication, or production, other than those sponsored by the Commission; historical fiction or nondocumentary theater or film productions.
- The Application to affix a VA250 Commission Logo must be completed for every logo request, even if the local committee is attaching it to one of its own events, and sent to the Commission office for approval. The application must be filled out completely and a draft, proof, copy, or mock-up of material to which a VA250 logo is to be affixed must accompany the application.
- Drafts, proofs, copy or mock-ups are not required for the customized local committee logo. However, annually on December 1, VA250 requests a report showing all instances of use of the customized logo during that calendar year.
- The Executive Director may grant provisional authorization for use of the logo. The full VA250 Commission will make the final decision to grant or deny requests for use of the logo at its regularly scheduled meetings. Applicants may be asked to provide information to the Commission or Executive Committee or to answer questions about proposed use of the logo. Commission staff will notify the applicant when the application is approved and assign the logo.